The success of a potato chips producer does not rest on the demand and supply only. What matters the most is the amount of sales that is being generated and also the increase in the sales of the product so as to know that new customers are also purchasing the product. In order to reach such a position, it is essential that you market the business properly and make the most it.
How to promote your potato chips business
- The best way to let people know about your potato chips business is by putting up signboards and banners in sufficient amounts everywhere. This will promote your business better than any other alternative available.
- The local distributors will be of great help as far as promoting your business is concerned. All you need to do is collaborating with them.
- Thinking of a unique name for your business and designing an amazing logo for it is a necessity. This will make the whole process of promoting your business less burdensome for you.
- Business directories are one of the best ways to promote your business. Make sure to get your potato chips business enlisted in the business directories.
- Another efficient way to promote your business is by distributing leaflets with all the relevant details about your business in them.
In this article, we bring to you some of the best ways to market your potato chips business to the customers. Read on to find out-
Though this is one of the myths in the world of marketing, for a product like that of potato chips, it is essential that you have a buzz around the product for it to sell better. Word of mouth very well escalates into direct sales and brings your brand in the forefront. Interaction with the customer base through social media and other media and making meaningful conversation with them aptly creates this buzz and helps market the product better. Try and judge the communication channel of your target consumer group and use them to converse with them and engage brand participation.
When we say that word of mouth is essential then it is to be noted that there is no other better way to enhance it than using the PR tools that are available to the company. With well written press release from the company, you can surely grab attention of the media and also get featured on the media without actually paying to promote the content. A well written piece about the product, an inspirational story related to the brand or an insight into the making of the product can catch fancy of the reader and make them buy your potato chips right away. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that the content you put up for the media has to be more informative and less promotional so that it doesn’t look like direct advertising!
With the advent of global positioning system, it has become easier to get location specific data. You can get in touch with a marketing company to get such data about your consumer base so as to know that where they concentrate mostly and which area can be the next big sales point for the potato chips. With such location specific data, you can increase your supplies to the areas and also open up new selling units so that the demand is met and more customers are roped into trying out your potato chips.
-Start unique marketing campaigns
You can start marketing campaigns that will help you to connect with the customers and increase their engagement with the brand. You can ask the customers to submit a flavour of their taste which they would like to be incorporated in the potato chips or maybe ask them to submit a catchphrase for the brand which will be printed on the packaging. These unique campaigns will further ensure that the customers know more about the brand and will positively boost the sales.
With more people knowing the adverse effects of having such fried chips on the body, it is seen that they are moving towards snacks that are healthy. If you want the potato chips to connect with these set of customers then it is essential that you target the product to their need. You can have baked potato chips for these set of customers. Such a variation will bring in more sales as people who did not consumed your fried potato chips will now opt for the baked version so as to get the taste as well as remain in shape for a healthy life.
In this age of digital advancements it is essential that the potato chips business has a website up for the consumers. There are many people who would want to check out your website so as to see if the brand is credible enough to be purchased and consumed. Hire a professional web designer who can make a stunning website for you, list all the flavours and various types of potato chips that you sell. All this information along with some reviews about the taste from celebrity chefs will do wonder on the website so as to make it catchy and attractive.
Most of the customers will want to stay in touch with the brand through social media. Having a page on facebook will allow you to reach out maximum number of people as their needs no mention of the fact that facebook is densely populated and nearly all your consumers are active on this platform. If you can manage an active page then the consumers will stay attached to the brand and also they can give you direct feedback. You can upload the new flavour launch and such things and offer on facebook page so as to let the masses know about it and then cash in on the opportunity created!
-On package offers
You can use this effective technique to rope in sales. The packaging of the chips can have certain codes which if a customer can collect in next 5 packs then they are subjected to get a cashback or maybe a freebie from the company! This will make sure that the customers comes back to the store for the next 5 times to buy the chips and win the cashback, it will give an immense boost to the sales for sure!
Chips are a great companion when people watch TV. If there is a sports event coming soon then try and make a
How to drive up the sales of your potato chips business
- Witty use of social media is perhaps the best way to reach out to more people around the world. This will lead your sales to move to a higher path.
- Opting for advertisements in the paid advertising platforms such as the TV and the newspapers is still one of the most helpful means to increase the sales of your business.
- The most important factor that determines the sales of your business is the price. Before setting up the price of your products, make a thorough survey of the market about the existing rates.
- Customers will automatically tend to buy from you when they have in front them sufficient discounts and offers frequently. Do not forget to do this.
- The reviews from your happy customers will bring in more customers and eventually your business will experience higher sales.