“The Varieties of Human Experience,” written by William James, had beautifully presented the ideas on the concept of religious experiences that every individual witness. He has stated the experiences as subjective and has emphasized how these experiences constitute the backbone of loving life.
Here are some insightful From “The Varieties Of Human Experience”
– Humor can be seen as a Philosophic state of mind.
– Nature takes us more seriously than we take her.
– Everyone should have a smile on their when they explain the concepts of philosophy.
– Knowledge and effective occupation are two very concepts in one’s life.
– A human life has two ways of living, spiritual and natural.
– A man cannot enjoy both ways of living and has to sacrifice one way to enjoy the other.
– Never be a lover of doubts.
– Always have the fear to lose what holds.
– Our forefathers have made countless mistakes in explaining the concepts of religion.
– When a person is practicing any religion, he is the power of the ultimate reality.
– Our primary concern should always be related to our destiny.
– A religion is a belief which consists of an invisible order, and the good only comes if we peacefully adjust to its terms.
– Eventually, every individual falls into the trap of helpless agony.
– Every man has a secret motive of his own.
– People always have one thought in their minds: how they could have more and store all their possessions.
– Now a day’s every person is scared to become poor.
– People will be judgmental and will loathe every poor as he lives a much simpler life.
– If a person is not a part of the modern-day rat race, people will regard them as less ambitious and less sincere.
– The so-called wealthy people are scared of the hardships and to become a pure soul.
– Every person has the sheer fear that someday he would lose all his wealth, which is a sign of being a coward.
– Our civilization will continue to suffer at the hands of the moral disease that is scared of being poor.
– People will gladly break all their relations just for worldly things, which is a lack of character.
– A man’s greatest delight is to enjoy a momentary pleasure even if it is short-lived.
– Our impulses and attitude will account for our subconscious.
– The world has molded itself to be so rich that it can nurture a devil inside it by keeping its foot on the neck.
– Sometimes, an incomplete mind can provide a better environment to nature for a specific purpose.
– Learn to accept the criticism.
– People are often disgusted when someone points out their mistakes.
– When we guess, we often tend to misinterpret some things, which is the basis of absolutism.
– The presence of a possibility has a great effect on human life.
– The concepts of neatness and comfort are a solution to the Sphinx’s riddle.
– Always try to judge a tree by its power of producing fruits.
– The greatest benefit of our mind is its stress-coping power.
– Sleep acts as the first door of the mind which will remedy all the pain.
– Sleep will help us to distance ourselves from the instances which can hurt us.
– The ones whose way the team will mend everything are so wrong.
– Most of our painful memories and sufferings are solved by the power of forgetting.
– Forgetting will act on those instances which are deeply sad for us and cannot be healed.
– People often lose their cool when they witness any extraordinary affair, yet this is another way of stress coping.
– People get so maddened by those instances that they do not want to be a part of reality.
– The final door of the mind is the forever sleep or death.
– No matter how close we are to a person, another person will still have some mystery.
– A girl should never tie the knot with a guy if he did not love his mother.
– Sometimes, a person’s thoughts can scar them in the most dangerous ways.
– There can be two possible worst situations.
– One is when a person will accomplish every single thing but ends up feeling alone.
– The other is just being happy without knowing who we are.
– Our wounds are like gateways of the most charismatic part of ourselves.
– Introverts can have strong social skills and can love some very deep discussions.
– Always try to listen to others when they share their experiences with you.
– The mind can be symbolized as a pendulum that does not oscillate between right or wrong.
– Being addictive is always bad, whether it’s of drugs or idealism.
– Every person is different concerning their personality.
– You may quickly love someone, or you may take time to love them, or you may even never love them.
– Home is like an irreplaceable condition and not a place.
– There are times when we are too confident about our views, and even if we are proved wrong, we cannot possibly accept that.
– Denying the thought to protect our core belief is called cognitive dissonance.
– A person who has not turned into a thing in this modern world can still feel powerless or lonely.
– If you are provided with just a hammer, it is obvious that a person will treat everything as a nail.
– It is really sad when a person denies his lifestyle or values to please others.
– We cannot possibly triumph over our obsession as they care and we do not, so they win.