Read a Book Day is annually observed on September 6th to celebrate the joy of reading and encourage reading amongst the young guns. While these bookish days may seem familiar, but Read a Book Day invites everyone to grab a book and enjoy a day of reading. On this day, it is not compulsory to finish a whole book but you can just read aloud something to children or read any kind of book you like.
Read a Book Day was celebrated around the first decade of the 2000s ideated by a librarian who was trying to get more youngsters to read books and why not as books are the only medium where one can find education, entertainment and a time machine. The main objective was to encourage reading no matter the genres of the books.
So sit back and take this opportunity to relax and enjoy a good old therapy of reading for your soul and mind.
Below is a list of greetings and quotes one can use to wish their beloved on this beautiful Read a Book Day-
- Something magical is bound to happen when you read a good book. Wishing you a very happy Read a Book Day
- Enjoy this day’s weather with a book in your hand along with your favorite food and beverages. Wishing you the best of Read a Book Day.
- Rest your mind and body from the use of technological devices and read a book today. Because a book never runs out of batteries.
- Remember, your child will take upon you. Go ahead and make each other a good reader. Wish you a happy Read a Book Day.
- On this Read a Book Day, you only need to keep calm and read a book. All the best for your reading adventure.
- The more you read, the more you will know about things. Have an enchanting Read a Book Day ahead of you.
- Take it from a reader; the best place to be is between the pages of a beautiful book. Best wishes to you on this year’s Read a Book Day.
- All you need is a comfortable reading position and a delightful book to spend this year’s Read a Book Day.
- You can go on a journey on your own by simply turning the page of an amazing book. Wishing you an auspicious journey within the books on this year’s Read a Book Day.
- What sword is to whetstone, your mind is to books. A little sharpening from time to time. Have an inspiring Read a Book Day.
- Sometimes you can find a special thing in a book which is missing from your life. Hope you have a great Read a Book Day.
- On this Read a Book Day, I wish you to read a book so special that changes your perception towards life.
- Books hold the power to never let go of you, even if the universe wants you to. Wish you an amazing day of reading a book.
- If we keep waiting for the right moment to read, then we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives. On this year’s Read a Book Day I wish you the moment you will choose to read.
- Reading is like a therapy, some may not agree but they do need it sometimes. Wishing you a therapeutic joy on the eve of Read a Book Day.
- Sometimes reading provides a portal to a world where people are so much unlike from the world. Explore the different dimensions a book can provide on this year’s Read a Book Day.
- You can learn more from a novel than any other materials of that size. On this Read a Book Day, I hope to see you become an avid reader.
- One must be grateful to the words inside a book, for it holds the power to change us. Have a happy Read a Book Day.
- When reality checks are bounced often too much, opening a book seems like a better idea. Wishing you that the reality can never bring you down on this Read a Book Day.
- What is life, without a touch of books exploring the world. Best wishes on this amazing Read a Book Day.
- The reality of life may hit you hard after the beautiful journey of exploration through the books. Wish you a day of happy reading.
- I hope you find books more educating than the cacophony of Televisions. Enjoy a great Read a Book Day.
- Like eating and sleeping, reading should also be a part of one’s daily drill. Wishing all the passionate readers of the world, a very happy Read a Book Day.
- I hope you there is a day in your life where one book will surely change your life. Have a beautiful Read a Book Day.
- I hope something magical will happen to you while reading a book. Have a happy Read a book Day.
- The best thing about the books is they let you travel without moving your feet. On the eve of Read a Book Day, wish you a fruitful journey through the books.
- A devoted reader lives the life of many before he dies, while a man who doesn’t read lives only one. Wishing everyone to make the most out of this year’s Read a Book Day.
- Once you have mastered the art of reading, you will be set free forever. Wishing the beautiful readers a very happy Read a Book Day.
- Even if you can’t buy happiness, you can surely buy books. Best wishes to you on a Read a Book Day.
- There isn’t much difference between finding happiness and reading books. I hope you are able to see the similarities on this Read a Book Day.
- Sometimes we lose ourselves in the books. Although that is the only place we can also find ourselves. Wishing you a joyful Read a Book Day.
- Reading a book can almost be like breathing air. We have to survive in order to live. Here’s to day of book reading.
- Sometimes, a coffee and a book make the best companions. Wishing you a wonderful day of Reading a Book. Have a happy Read a Book day.
- Until and unless every living human starts reading books, the world will always remain an incomplete one. I hope you have a good Read a Book Day.
- Books are the constant friends, wisest counselors and the most patient teachers. So go ahead and read a book or two on this special eve of Read a Book Day.
- Reading is one of the most marvelous adventures one could have. On this special Read a Book Day, I hope to see you never get tired of reading.