Many people’s interest in music and dance goes beyond just listening to it and watching it. A lot of people who enjoy listening to music and watch dance shows are also interested in learning them.
A music/dance lessons’ business gives novice musicians and dancers a way to learn those and it provides more seasoned musicians and dancers with advanced training to help them improve their abilities.
Such businesses may offer private or group lessons in home or classroom settings.
People who are passionate about music and can play at least one instrument well may be interested in starting a music lessons business.
Music teachers in schools and band members are especially qualified, as they both have credentials and connections to people who love music. People don’t have to be a music teacher or in a band to start a music lessons’ business, though. On the other hand, starting a dance instruction school is a wonderful new business venture to set in motion, as dance schools have been proven financially sound for decades.
The business can focus on dance instruction in general, or on specific dance styles such as tap or swing. The innovative entrepreneur who starts and operates a dance/ music schools can also increase revenues and profits by videotaping the instruction classes and selling the videos by way of mail order and the internet.
Your customers will vary depending on what type of dance/ music studio you decide to open. You can have a studio strictly for adults, one that focuses on instruction for children, or a studio for all ages.
Start Dance & Music School From Home
As the demand for dance/ music lessons is on the rise, so also is the fact that dance studio business is in high demand. This might be attributed to the rise in popularity of TV programmes and many reality shows that promote dancing these days. Whichever way, it creates an opportunity for would-be entrepreneurs in this field.
Running such a studio business requires you to be a highly disciplined person, have good organizational skills and be business oriented so that you won’t be running your business as charity. Running a studio is not all about dancing and singing; there are other aspects to the business such as taking care of the administrative aspect of the business.
The factors and incentives that makes entrepreneurs venture into the dance/ music studio industry is the ability to get good returns on your investment. It is a financially viable business that is cost effective.
In this kind of business, you don’t have to hire workers if you don’t have much capital at the initial stage. You can multi-task and take on multiple roles in the business while getting your friends and family to help you.
Music and Dance School Business Ideas and Tips
- Start a music/ dance academy: if you have a good grasp of music or dance through years of practice, you might want to start an educational academy so that you can share your expertise with others. Loads of people want to learn these and as such you may discover that you may have more customers than you even thought possible. If you have more clients than you can manage alone, you can hire other teachers to work with you.
- CD Retail: If you love music or dance, then selling CDs, vinyl LPs and cassettes is a good way to be part of the industry. Because they don’t deteriorate, you can pick up decent old stock very cheaply, and retail them with some mark up.
- Start a music/ dance review site: Online publications are wildly popular at the moment, and you can profit from starting one for music or dance lovers. If you know a great deal about new music and dance forms, you could start reviewing gigs and records. If people begin to like your reviews, they will read them all the time. Gaining an online following is an easy way to make a sustainable income for you.
- Organize a festival: Every festival had to start somewhere. If you are already in touch with some fantastic bands or popular dance groups and artists, you might want to launch a festival of new music. You will need excellent organizational skills if you wish to make this business idea work in the long term. All you will need to find is the right venue at the right price.
- Open a night club: Night clubs are basically where people come to dance to the beat of various songs in order to relieve the stress of the day. Owing and running a night club can be a very exciting and lucrative business for an entrepreneur. Success in the night club business is very much possible if done properly; it demands dedication, and meticulous attention to every detail of your business.
- Music blog: If you love writing and you love music too, you can fuse both interests together and start a music review blog where you would discuss happenings in the music industry, criticize new songs, upcoming artistes as well as the life and career of already established artistes.
- Production Manager: Production managers are responsible for all technical production elements of a live show, including sound, lighting and staging. If you have the required skills, you could become a music/dance production manager.
- Wedding Band: as a musician or a dancer, you could focus specifically on performing at weddings and at events relating to weddings. You need to create a catchy website and market your services so that couples can find you and book your services. In order to break into the market easily, you can choose to offer your services a little cheaper than your competitors.
- Record Label Owner: you could focus more on the business side and start your own record label, signing various artistes to record work under your label.
The music/ dance industry has changed a lot over the last few decades. Major labels don’t have a monopoly on mere sales anymore, and you certainly don’t need them in order to build a successful career.