It is said that the name “Bourbon” comes from Bourbon County in Kentucky and Bourbon Street in New Orleans of the United States both of which were named after the House of Bourbon, a European royal house of French descent. Every year 14th June is celebrated as National Bourbon Day!
Bourbon Day Greetings, Messages and Quotes
National Bourbon Day Messages
– Like Scotch, Cognac, and other indigenous spirits, a whiskey that is exclusively distilled in the United States of America can be called Bourbon.
– To officially categorize a spirit as Bourbon, it ought to be 51 percent corn, kept in brand new charred oak barrels, and distilled to a limit of 160 proof, not more than that.
In 1964, a resolution was passed by the Congress that labeled Bourbon as the United States of America’s native spirit.
– From this time onwards, no other country in the world has the right to produce a whiskey and denominate it as Bourbon.
– The origins of this typical whiskey can be traced back to the period when immigrants in the state of Kentucky made a spirit using the surplus corn produced, which were typically stored in oak barrels.
– Bourbon is a very sought after drink in the world as it is solely produced in the United States.
– Bourbon is fondly consumed in the United States.
– In the year 2014, a whopping 2.7 billion dollars of Bourbon was sold in the United States!
– Also, in the year 2018, the various distillers of the United States accumulated a cumulative revenue of 3.6 billion dollars!
-Bourbon is so intrinsically related to Kentucky that most of the United States citizens think that it is exclusively produced in Kentucky while it is produced all over the United States.
– Bourbon was the favorite drink of the former President of the United States Thomas Jefferson.
– It is known that Thomas Jefferson leased out 50 acres of prime Kentucky land to farmers to produce corn for spirit distillation.
– National Bourbon Day is much revered in the United States as it celebrates the country’s rich history and heritage in the art of spirit making.
National Bourbon Day Greetings
– Wishing you a very Happy National Bourbon Day! Intoxicate yourself with America’s very own and favorite drink!
-Bourbon is a typical whiskey exclusively indigenous to the United States of America. This spirit is primarily made by distilling corn mash. I hope you have a chocolaty day ahead.
-Let’s plan a day out and grab a pack of bourbon along with us. Let’s spend Bourbon Day in style.
– Cherish the rich heritage and history of this mystic drink with some ice! Wishing you a very relaxing National Bourbon Day!
– A delighted National Bourbon Day to you! Get-together with friends and family to enjoy this much-revered spirit!
– Hope you cheers on the finest of the fine breed of Bourbon on National Bourbon Day! A very jovial National Bourbon Day!
– Get away from the mundane, stressful work-life of yours, engage in some Bourbon alcoholism! Happy National Bourbon Day!
National Bourbon Day quotes
“My mama always told me there are few things a good hug can’t cure, and those things are what bourbon’s for.”
― J.T. Geissinger
“Father Sams, a mirthful shaman, looked at a nighted photograph of actress Lar Park Lincoln beneath his glass of bourbon con hielo.”
― Jarrett McCall
“Lust was edging confusion for the lead. Good sense had fallen far behind.”
― Teri Anne Stanley