What is BrandBoy’s refund policy?
Refund Policy For Contests
While a vast majority of our contests result in a highly successful outcome, there can be situations where you are not too thrilled about any submissions. In those situations, we offer several options:
- A Complimentary Contest Consultation: You will work one-on-one with our branding consultant to (1) discuss your project, (2) hone your brief, and (3) learn contest best practices–helping you get back on track.
- A Complimentary Contest Extension: We will extend your contest at no additional cost, so you can receive even more submissions by providing additional feedback to the community.
Partial Refund Option:
Our Gold and Platinum packages also include a Partial Refund Option. If you have purchased a Gold or Platinum Package and are not happy with the results, contact us via email within 3 business days of the contest end date.
We will refund your contest award amount as long as the following conditions have been met.
Qualification for Partial Refund:
- At least 50% of the entries were rated by the Contest Holder.
- Contest Holder provided sufficient feedback to the contestants while the contest was active (e.g. Public Messages and Entry Comments)
- The contest award is not guaranteed by the Contest Holder
- 1 Bronze package contests are non-refundable. We offer complimentary contest extension of the timeline for Bronze contests and complimentary contest consultation.
- 2 Guaranteed Contests are non-refundable. Per BrandBoy’s Terms of Service, the award amount must be distributed to the Creative Community if you have set the contest award as Guaranteed.
- 3 Listing Fees are non-refundable. For example, if you purchase a Gold Package for $449 and do not guarantee the contest award, you will receive the $200 award amount as a refund. Similarly, in the case of a platinum non-guaranteed contest, you will receive $300 as a partial refund.
- 4 If a Contest Holder does not select a winner within 30 days of the contest end date, BrandBoy will automatically award the prize amount, as per our winner selection policy.
- 5 If a Naming contest receives less than 100 submissions through the full course of the contest, it is entitled to a full refund (even if it offers a Guaranteed Prize)
- 6 If a Design contest receives less than 20 designs through the full course of the contest, it is entitled to a full refund (even if it offers Guaranteed Prize)
- 7 Any unused feature (i.e. Trademark Validation, Audience Testing, etc.) in a package or bundle is not refundable
Refund Policy For Domain Purchases
You are entitled to a refund for domains purchased with outright payment as long as the following conditions are met:
- You contact us within 48 hours of purchase to request a refund.
- We haven’t yet initiated the domain transfer to you.
The refunds are subject to a 5% cancellation fee to cover the cost of our payment gateway as well as transaction processing.
If, for any reason, SH is not able to transfer the domain to your ownership, you will be entitled to a full refund of your purchase amount. In this case, the 5% cancellation fee will not apply.
Important: You are not eligible for a refund after the domain transfer has been initiated or after 48 hours of your domain purchase (whichever happens first).
If the Domain is purchased via an Installment Plan (or lease-to-own option), any instalment payments already received are not refundable. However, you can request a cancellation of future instalment payments at any time.