Wood, mainly both beautiful and practical, has always been a popular material to make products from.
Today, many people always continue to seek out — and pay good amounts for — wood products. A woodworking business basically specializes in producing such products, carving furniture, or other items from wood.
Who is this business right for?
Anyone who is always detail-oriented, decent at math, and skilled with their hands may be well-suited for running a woodworking business. These skills are very necessary when carving wood and building products.
What is the target market?
A woodworking business’ ideal customer is someone who appreciates wood products and has discretionary income. So, such a person is likely to be interested in products and have the money to afford them.
How does a woodworking business make money?
A woodworking business always makes money by producing and selling wood products. These products may be furniture, or smaller items, like jewelry boxes, smartphone holders, manual coffee grinders, cutting boards, or wooden beer mugs.
What are the main steps to start a woodworking business?
So, once you’re already ready to start a business of woodworking, follow these steps to ensure that your business is legally compliant and avoid wasting time and money as your business grows:
- Plan your business. A clear plan is very essential for success as an entrepreneur. So, a few important topics to consider are your initial costs, your target market, and how long it will take you to break even.
- Form a legal entity. Mainly establishing a legal business entity prevents you from being personally liable if your woodworking business is sued.
- Register for taxes. You will also need to register for a variety of state and federal taxes before you can open for business.
- Open a business bank account. Mainly a dedicated checking account for your woodworking business keeps your finances organized and makes your business appear more professional to your customers.
- Set up business accounting. So, recording your various expenses and sources of income is critical to understanding the financial performance of your business. Always keeping accurate and detailed accounts also greatly simplifies your annual tax filing.
- Obtain necessary permits and licenses. Mainly failure to acquire necessary permits and licenses can result in hefty fines, or even cause your business to be shut down.
- Get business insurance. Insurance is highly recommended for all business owners. If you mainly hire employees, workers compensation insurance may be a legal requirement in your state.
- Define your brand. Your brand is mainly what your company stands for, as well as how your business is perceived by the public. A strong brand will also help your business stand out from competitors.
- Establish a web presence. A business website mainly allows customers to learn more about your company and the products or services you offer. You can always use social media to attract new customers or clients.
Existing WoodWorking Business names in US
- Chromcraft Revington
- Bertch Cabinet Mfg Inc
- Caye Home Furnishings
- Century Furniture Industries
- Norwalk-The Furniture Idea
- Kohler Company
- Do+Able Products Inc
- OFS/Styline Huntingburg
- Vaughan-Bassett Furniture Co
- Douglas Furniture Of California
- American Furniture Mfg
- American Seating Co.
- Canada Furniture
- DMI Furniture Inc
- IDX Systems Corp
- Foremost Insurance
- Tan U.S.
- McCreary Modern Inc
- Decore Ative Speacialties
- Franklin Corporation
- Jackson Furniture
Woodworking Business Name Ideas
Woodworking is mainly a fun hobby that often turns into a part-time or full-time business.
There are many different types of woodworking including woodturning, wood carving, custom carpentry, chainsaw art, woodburning, cabinet making, wood crafts, pallet creations, CNC work, rustic furniture, fine furniture, and more. Coming up with a creative and catchy business name can be a difficult task.
If you are looking to turn your woodworking hobby into a business, you may want to start here for startup requirements: How To Start A Carpentry Business.
You will also want to make sure you are legally registered, even if you are only planning a part-time woodworking business.
Be always sure to check out these helpful books on starting a successful woodworking business.
choose the right Wood Working Business Name
– So, using your own name adds a personal touch that will appeal to many customers.
-You may also want to use a prominent feature in your area (such as a river or mountain) as part of your business name.
-Animals and flowers make interesting names.
-A play on words can also create a creative business name.
So, for more tips on choosing the right business name: How To Choose A Business Name
So, the woodworking business names below are to help in coming up with a name for your own wood business.
Some of these names may be trademarked, or may already be in use in your area. Make sure you research properly before trying to register your new business name, and before you have marketing materials printed.
Related: Real Meaning of 45 popular Brand Names.
Best Wood Working business Names Ideas for your Startup
Every Woodworking Business entrepreneur should be well aware of its Business and Product naming process and also knows the importance of a good business name.
Your potential customers must be able to recognize what your company is selling by looking at the name.
Sawdust Wood Works
Fine Art Wood
Wood and Klin
Wood and Wine
Loops and Timber
Deck of Woods
Log and Wood Works
Timber and Toke
Woking Wood Mama
Artisan’s Wood Deck
Working Wooden Scout
Art of Timber
John’s Wood Reck
Layers of Timbers
Shore of Timber
Wood Beyond Walls
Timber and Co.
Pulser Timbers & Co.
Woody Glass House
Santas & Timbers
Working Wood Master
Blending Wood and Work
Wood for You
Quest for Wood Works
Wood and Works
Just Timber Works
Jumbo Timber Works
catchy Wood Working business Names Ideas
There are many things to know before choosing the right name in branding your brand like you need a starting point as to What personality you want to project, what type of customer are you seeking.
For woodworking business names, you can generate catchy names online easily. Following are some catchy woodworking business names ideas.
MettleMade Timber Works
Bossberry Timber Works
YoungSky Wood Working Co.
Exotix Timber Works
Questa Wood Working Co.
MadStar Timber Works
Supramax Timber Workss
CappaWood Wood Working Co.
SparkRiser Timber Works
Trippers Wood Working Co.
Aeron Wood Working Co.
Hexabeat Timber Works
FusionDot Timber Works
Chromon Timber Works
Arabell Wood Working Co.
HighZing Timber Works
Quest Timber Works
Trance Wood Working Co.
FeetZing Wood Working Co.
Escotta Timber Works
String Timber Works
YongBang Wood Working Co.
OOH Timber Works
Spiritofista Wood Working Co.
Glezz Timber Works
Sprints Wood Working Co.
Bigday Timber Works
Triggers Timber Works
Azzona Timber Works
BilBil Timber Works
Fiesto Wood Working Co.
Spectra Timber Works
Raffel Timber Works
Gradients Timber Works
Aestrix Timber Works
Hornet Timber Works
Tritonna Wood Working Co.
Check out the best woodworking blogs and pages names that will help woodworkers and also common people if they want to build any small thing for their home.
Uproar Timber Works
DeadFly Timber Works
Proton Wood Working Co.
RedFlag Timber Works
Zings Timber Works
GoldFox Wood Working Co.
Baseline Timber Works
Fitbit Timber Works
RockWish Timber Works
Thriven Timber Works
Thunderra Timber Works
The Victory Work
Working Wood Cabin
Deck of Timbers
Wood is the highly used material in everyday. There are many ways we can reused same in other use. here is the infographic which gives you more ideas on reuse and reclaimed lumber to another place. Read more below.
- 566+ Best Office Furniture Company Names Ideas
- 211+ Best Vintage Furniture Slogans and Taglines
- 378+ Best Furniture Rental Business Names Ideas
- 468+ Unique Vintage Furniture Business Names
- 101+ Catchy Wood Working Company Bio for Social Media
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.