A financial adviser business is a small business that you can start out of a home office or rent a small commercial office for meetings with clients.
Especially with an aging baby boomer population, the demand for financial advisers is increasing—with more individuals and households needing to plan for investments, insurance, and estate planning needs.
If you have a background in working in finance and customer service, then opening a financial adviser business may be the next logical step in your career path.
- Name the financial adviser business. Many financial advisers use their name for the name of the business.
This is mainly fine if you intend to remain as the sole provider, but if you intend on growing the business and adding additional financial advisers, so, then you may also want to use a more neutral name for the business.
2. Register the financial adviser business with the secretary of the state. So, always contact the secretary of state office to obtain the paperwork and supporting documentation you need to submit to register the financial adviser business with the state.
3. Contact the department of business and financial regulation. Financial businesses must always register with the state department of business and financial regulation for the state in which you are opening the business.
4. Arrange your office space. Some financial advisers work with clients mostly by phone while others work with clients on a face-to-face basis.
So, if you intend to work by phone, you can establish a home office with a desk, computer, Internet service, and a business phone.
Basically you always also need a filing cabinet to hold client files and house applications and information on the different financial products and services you will be offering.
5. Register with the Securities and Exchange Commission. If you have been working as a financial adviser with another firm, then your licenses should be registered already, but you should contact the SEC to let the agency know that you are now going to be operating on your own.
6. Write a business plan. Mainly determine your niche market, marketing strategies, and the business goals and objective you have in your business plan.
7. So, establish contacts at each service and product company and request applications and marketing information.
Because a financial adviser is a liaison between selling mutual funds, insurance, and other financial products and services, you should have marketing information on hand to share with clients and mainly applications to submit when a client agrees to the product or service you are suggesting.
8. Build a website and online information portal. Always create a website for your financial service business that lists all of the financial services and advice you can provide to clients and how it benefits them.
So, you also want to share your background and experience to build an online “resume” of sorts that shows clients why they should be working with you.
9. Earn the Certified Financial Planner designation. Clients always tend to want to work with the best of the best and certified professionals. Earning the CFP designation helps to build your credibility and expertise.
So, use the CFP designation on your business cards, brochures, and all of your marketing materials to show clients you are an expert.
Existing Financial planner Business names in US
- American Financial Advisors
- Investment Centers of America
- Mighty Oak Strong America Investment
- Compass Personal Advisors
- Tried And True Financial Group
- WealthTrust Capital
- Navitrust Capital
- In the Know Financial group
- Golden Egg Financial
- Pronexus Capital
- Vanguard Group
- Pinnacle Financial Advisors
- United Capital Financial
- UBS Financial Services
- Waddell & Reed
- Treebranch Financial
- LPL Financial
- Morgan Stanley
- Modern Woodmen of America
- One America Financial Partners
- Beverly O Davis LPL Financial
- Securities America Inc
- CommunityAmerica Financial Advisor
- Bruce E Smith – Ameriprise
- America First Investment
- Modern Woodmen of America
Naming your financial planning firm
Choosing a name for your new or re-branded financial planning and wealth management firm can be a challenge. We have helped hundreds of advisors rebrand, create a new name for their company, and find solutions to their branding concerns.
Our Brainstorming Exercise below will help you come up with business name ideas, give you some good company name tips, and help you create a great name for your practice!
These days it’s important to secure your domain name at the same time that you come up with the business name. So, there are many other sites.
So, the best names for financial firms have 3-4 words. These days it may also take four words to find a name that also has a domain name (dot com) available.
Motivational words or nature words
So, in the Brainstorming Exercise below I have provided a list of money/motivation words and a list of nature words. Some of our clients mainly prefer to name their business using motivational words that coordinate with money.
So, other clients prefer to use words that convey a natural meaning. Take a look at both and decide what works for you. So, finding good names for a financial company takes creativity and a little work. Good luck!
So, once you’ve selected a business name, then it’s time to brand your business. Branding is how you build credibility in the marketplace.
Best Finance Planner Business Names Ideas for your Startup
Every Financial Planner Business entrepreneur should be well aware of its Business and Product naming process and also knows the importance of a good business name.
Your potential customers must be able to recognize what your company is selling by looking at the name.
New Path Financial Network
Prosper Capital Management
Sentry First Financial
Longview Wealth Management
Titan Secure Financial
Diamond Point Financial
Strong Oak Advisors
Silver Line Financial
Silver Financial Group
Modern World Capital
Sunset Financial Advisors
Blue Skies Financial
Golden Nest Financial Network
NCompass Wealth Mgmt.
Life Order Financial Group
Crusade Financial Advisors
Cohesive Capital Network
Oakbridge Wealth Management
New World assets
So, do you need a slogan and tagline for your financial planning business? So check out the catchy financial planning slogans and taglines.
New Path Financial
Traditional Wealth Financial Group
United Allegiance Capital
Cohesive Capital Finance
Greenline Financial Group
Fortify Financial Security
AdvantAegis Wealth Mgmt.
My Turn Financial
Golden Aegis Advisors
catchy Finance Planner Business Names Ideas
There are many things to know before choosing the right name in branding your brand like you need a starting point as to What personality you want to project, what type of customer are you seeking.
For financial planner business names, you can generate catchy names online easily. Below are some catchy financial planner business names ideas.
Big Oak Heritage Forte
Intuit Financial Management
Coalescent Procision Financial
Folio Forte Haven Financial
Future Years Senioritrex
Forge StructSure Wealth Management
Advocate Investment Group
LifeSolv Financial Advisors
Traditional Wealth Financial Group
Senior Wealth Management Group
Arch Capital Management
Momentum Wealth Management
Gold Secure Advisors
Security Financial Forte
Surecurity Financial Network
Ascention Capital Group
Forward Financial Planners
Titan Financials Group
Surety Capital Financial Advisors
senior fund management
Golden Aegis Wealth Mgmt.
Silver leaf Financial Group
Networth Capital Network
SafeQuest Wealth Capital
Creek Rock Capital
Titan Security Financial Advisory
Farsight Financial Network
Black Rock Plato Financial
Engage & Intellica Financial Group
Signature Assent Wealth Management
Moderate Sentra Financial
First Harvest Alignment
Venture Springstrong Financial
Are your dreams of becoming a successful financial planner being hindered by the lack of clients? So read out the actionable financial planner marketing ideas.
Titan Edge Wealth Management
Equilibrium Secure Capital Advisors
Anchor Crestbridge Capital
Finesse Financial Group
Golden Onus Aegis Capital
Greenscape Capital Management
Forge Sunstone Financial Network
LifePlan Group Financial
Principal Secure Focus Advisors
Fortuit Us Financial
Preservation Financial Advisors
Wealth Compass Group
How to invest your money in safe ways? This is the Role of a Financial Advisor. New technology has upgraded the service to Robo Advisor. how this Robo Advisor works. Read in-depth in the below Infographic.